Petite Version of this Post
I recently fell in love with this Stella & Dot City Slim Clutch in the black and cream clean stripe. Once I received these red hot pants, I realized I was more than ready for the Fourth of July long weekend.
And I can’t forget about my love for polka dots! I think my clutch with an old polka dot skort look great together. See more below!
Full Post – Look 1
As many of you have seen on my fitness posts in Instagram, I am not afraid of color.
However, I never thought I would get bright red pants until I saw these Sloan-Fit Skinny Ankle Pants from Banana Republic. I believe this color is called “Fiesta” and is on-trend for Spring/Summer 2016.
As of this Fourth of July weekend, certain colors, including this Red Glow, are marked down by at least 50% off! So I had to share, obvi!
- White Tee (old – Merona from Target);
- Sloan-Fit Skinny Ankle Pants in Red Glow from Banana Republic (Size OOP);
- ‘Court‘ Ankle Strap Sandal by Vince Camuto (Size 6);
- City Slim Clutch in Black/White Clean Stripe by Stella & Dot with the removable Versatile Chain;
- Other Stella & Dot accessories: Breezeblock Enamel Bangle, Pave Sphinx Ring (Size S/M), Maylee Ring in Gold (Size Size SM/MD), Pave Spear Ring in Rose Gold (Size SM), Pave Triangle Cuff in Rose Gold
The inseam for the petite sized pants is 26″. But during spring and summer, I like to show off my ankles. Hence, I folded up my pants by the size of the hem as a quick and easy fix. Luxe members get free alterations, so I plan to drop these off at the store since I like this shorter length.
I absolutely love stripes for the summer! Hence why we have Look 2 below!
Full Post – Look 2
This is actually an old look, but a favorite. Instead of stars and stripes, I have dots and stripes!
Note that I love dresses, but sometimes, wearing a fitted top along with a skirt (or skort in this case) is better suited for someone of my athletic build and petite stature. I actually love the Essential Tank by Banana Republic. Not only is the fit great, but I like the stretch and recovery.
Hope you all have a great and safe Fourth of July! xoxo, Bern